As the end of the year approaches, we like to look back and reflect on our impact during the year. And, despite the challenges that the pandemic poses for the entire cultural scene, 2021 was a highly active year for our school.
Mitrovica Rock School returned fully to in-person classes, with safety measures in place. Our mixed bands rehearsed, recorded original songs, and performed at several online concerts. And we welcomed a whole new generation of students for regular music lessons.
Our results in 2021:
- 79 young musicians from North and South Mitrovica participated in 1,445 music lessons, mixed band rehearsals and mixed workshops,
- 5 ethnically mixed bands with 22 members rehearsed, recorded and performed their own songs, and released a music video,
- 17 Mitrovica staff, 10 of whom are (former) students, participated in and led online training,
- 50 inter-ethnic workshops year-round: teachers work with inter-ethnic groups from both sides of Mitrovica,
- 4 student-trainees participated in 21 days of sound engineering training at the Mitrovica Rock School’s recording studio.