By communications trainee Marina (18), front woman of mixed band Feed D Fury.
On December 28, four mixed bands headed to Gracanica for a final concert of the year.
Proximity Mine, Morana, Aesthetic Mess and ElectraHeart all made the crowd go wild while performing their original songs. This was a very successful year for the Mitrovica Rock School, and we’re grateful and proud of all of our young bands, because none of this would be possible without them.
Here are our favorite quotes from the musicians who performed at our year-end concert at Pivdzan, Gracanica’s well-known brewery:
”It was such a chill night, and I think and hope that everybody had fun. All in all, another good night and another good gig made for a great start of 2019. Happy New Year everybody!” – Alem, Proximity Mine’s guitarist
“The concert night was really amazing, a lot of good people, a lot of good music, and the most important thing is that we had a lot of fun. I enjoyed it and can’t wait till the next time!” – Nemanja, Morana’s singer and guitarist
”I really wasn’t at my best in Gracanica, but I think that’s okay because it happens to everybody. Anyway, I did have a lot of fun on the stage, and I think that is the only thing that really matters-having fun.” – Albana, Aesthetic Mess singer
”The closing concert was so much fun, I had the chance to celebrate New Year in the best way possible – with music and with friends.” – Tringa, ElectraHeart’s guitarist and backing vocalist
Mitrovica Rock School, again, wants to say a BIG ”Thank you!” to everyone who supported us this year, to all of the staff, students and coaches. Here’s to a successful 2019!
• 107 Rock School students participated in 1,778 skills lessons and band coaching sessions
• 7 mixed bands with 31 members held 98 rehearsals and gave 16 concerts
• 1,585 parents and friends attended mixed band concerts, together
• 15 staff, 7 of whom are former trainees, delivered 1,939 activities
• 42 mixed workshops were held at both branches
• 6 bands recorded during their own songs during 11 studio days
• 1 full-length album was recorded by a mixed band